Monday, November 24, 2008

Don’t get burned in the kitchen this Thanksgiving


Every Thanksgiving my job is to make the pumpkin pies and I’ve done a pretty good job, well except for that one year I forgot to add sugar and made all the kids cry when they tasted my creation (true story). Perhaps my mind was on the next day’s early-morning bargain shopping, I don’t know for sure…but I do know it’s easy to get distracted, especially when family and football present themselves in your kitchen.
Cooking fires are more likely to occur on Thanksgiving Day than any other day of the year according to the National Fire Protection Association so be careful!
We have all kind of tips-from what to do if someone is choking, to how to prevent kitchen fires and how to care for basic cooking related burns on our web site.
Check them out.

What’s your best Thanksgiving memory?

No comments: