Friday, June 05, 2009

No good at golf? The Red Cross Classic still has something for you!

I’m not much of a (good) golfer. My family and friends find this incredibly surprising because I used to work for attorneys – who do tend to spend their fair share of time on golf courses when they aren’t working. I don’t know why I never got into golf; all of the developmental factors are there. I absolutely love putt-putt and going to the driving range. I suppose it’s the middle of the course that usually gets me.

You might be wondering what all my issues with golf have to do with the American Red Cross of Greater Chicago. Well, they relate to the Red Cross Classic – an annual golf outing that benefits our chapter. This year it’s happening at Wynstone Golf Club.

While this is sure to be a great event for those of you who are blessed with a hook-less drive off the tee, you don’t have to be a golfer to enjoy the outing. There’s a spectacular raffle taking place this Monday, but if you’re interested, you’ll have to register before the deadline at 5 p.m. this Sunday, June 7.

After reading the release for the Red Cross Classic raffle registration deadline, I was shocked at the opportunities available: first prize is a private skybox party at the Sept. 9, White Sox game against Oakland. This includes 14 skybox tickets, three parking passes and food and beverages (beer, water and soft drinks). Second prize is $500 cash and third prize is a women’s Gucci wallet (a $250 value).

So, now that I have your attention, go to our raffle registration page and enter for your chance at those aforementioned envy-inducing prizes. There will be only 500 tickets sold, so your chances of winning are much better than the lottery. The price of a ticket is $50, but you can buy three for $100. All of the proceeds will benefit the Greater Chicago Red Cross.

The drawing will be held at the golf outing on Monday, June 8, but no worries, you don’t have to be present to win. We’ll let you know if you’re among the winners.

Gentry Lassiter is a Marketing & Communications intern with the American Red Cross of Greater Chicago.

No comments: