Monday, September 14, 2009

Day at the Beach



On Sunday I went to the beach in East Rogers Park with my family. It was a beautiful day and we all really enjoyed ourselves.

While at the beach I realized that I was paying closer attention to my surroundings than usual. I took notice of how many people were swimming, how many children were playing near the water and anyone who was jogging or walking on the shore.

I recently got certified in CPR and First Aid and everything that I learned in my class has been going through my head for the past couple of days.

In the class we learned how to look for signs of distress and how to recognize and act in an emergency situation.

Since the class, I have become more aware of what can happen and now know how I can help.

Keeping my eyes and ears open did not stop me from having a great time with my family and made me feel good that I had the knowledge to help someone if they need it! If you are interested in taking a CPR or First Aid class visit the "Take a Class" page on our website.

No comments: